Julia Bascom is an Autistic woman, writer, and self-advocate. She writes about
- autistic identity, community, and language,
- disability rights,
- theory vs. praxis,
- and autism acceptance.
She is interested in
- community directed research,
- the bullying, abuse, and murder faced by people with disabilities,
- independent living supports and system alternatives,
- the unique challenges and promises of service provision and self-advocacy for the DD (developmental disabilities) community in rural areas,
- cognitive and broader access,
- and metaphor, storytelling, and autism.
She served on the New Hampshire DD council as well on as her state’s team for revitalizing state-wide self-advocacy, and is the founder of The Loud Hands Project. She currently serves as Deputy Executive Director for the Autistic Self Advocacy Network. Her website is https://juststimming.wordpress.com.
Parties interested in publishing Julia’s work or paying her to write something should contact her at juststimming at gmail dot com.